There are a number of things to know about this site to make visiting a more rewarding experience.
- This site contains the thoughts, musings, and writings of Tom Petrocelli (that’s me).
- The site is moderated. Read the rules below.
- You will find information about Tom Petrocelli here such as my Bio, coverage, services etc.
- All blogs are copyright Tom Petrocelli.
- Many of my blogs are also available on neuralytix.com and CMSWire. So, yes, there is duplication but it’s not completely synched.
I am not, by nature, a rule-monger. However, it helps to have a couple of rules to make this a more pleasant experience for everyone. All of them can be summarized as “don’t be a jerk.” Quick, social interactions often happen without sufficient thought.
- No spam. I know that the hardcore spammers won’t listen to this but I can try. It’s really the inadvertent spammers that should watch out. It’s easy to love what you do so much that you cross the line.
- Be civil in the comments. It’s OK to disagree. It’s how you disagree that matters. Being civil is more important than being right.
- If you can’t be civil I will moderate your comments right into the great bit bucket in the sky.
- I reserve the right to be completely arbitrary. Please don’t complain to me about what is fair or not fair especially when moderating comments or the activity stream.
- Don’t ask for free advice, consultation, speaking engagements, articles, introductions, or anything else unless I know you. I’m generous to my friends and try to be kind to strangers. There are limits though.
- You must register with your own name and email address. Otherwise your registration will be denied. You need to register to access the social networking features and the comments section. If I find that you are spamming me you or your client may end up on the Wall of Shame. You have been warned!
- All blog comments and posts in the activity feed shall be in English. American, Canadian, Australian New Zealand, South African, and British English are all fine but English it must be. It’s not a jab at the rest of the world, it’s just that I need to be able to read comments and posts to moderate them. Non-English posts and comments will be summarily removed.
UPDATE: Because enough people couldn’t follow these rules, comments and social features are currently disabled. See; The jerks ruin it for the rest of us.